Day 1: Livingstone
The group will meet in Livingstone, in Zambia, at 14:00. This afternoon we explore Victoria Falls, a natural wonder of the world, plunging into the Zambezi Gorge.
Accommodation at: Maramba River Lodge
Includes: Entrance to see the Victoria Falls
Day 2: Kaufe River
A long drive takes us across the rolling Miombo forested hills of southern Zambia and down into the lowlands and our lodge on the banks of the Kafue River
Accommodation at: Gwabi River Lodge
Includes: Meals (1 breakfast/1 lunch/ 1 dinner)
Day 3 – 4: Lower Zambezi Canoeing
We paddle down the mighty Zambezi River, home of the tribal mythical god – Nyami Nyami. Canoeing past local riverside villages and magnificent scenery. We overnight in wild campsite on Elephant Bones Island in the heart of untamed Africa. The following morning we continue our canoe safari through an area teaming with elephants, hippos and other wildlife. We will be collected by a motorboat, and are transferred back up river to our lodge.
Accommodation at: Wild Camp (1 night Day 3) and Gwabi River Lodge (1 night Day 4)
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast/ 2 lunch/ 2 dinner), full day canoe safari on Lower Zambezi with local river guides
Day 5: Lukasa
A leisurely start to the day before we head to Lusaka where we stock up on supplies in the bustling shops and markets of the Zambian capital.
Accommodation at: Lukasa Eureka Camp
Includes: Meals (1 breakfast/1 lunch)
Day 6: Great East Road
Today is a transit drive, as we travel along the “great east road” across the Luangwa River Bridge and to the town of Nyimba. Villages line the road at intervals and there is an opportunity to witness the rural Zambia lifestyle.
Accommodation at: Taitana Lodge
Includes: Meals (1 breakfast /1 lunch /1 dinner)
Day 7 – 8: South Luangwa National Park
South Luangwa is well known for its large concentration of wildlife along the river, boasting huge numbers of hippos, crocodile and elephants. We explore the diversity of habitats including woodlands, grass plains and riverine forest on open vehicle game drives as well as on foot on exciting game walks. From the comfort of our tented lodge we often see elephants crossing the river at sunset. (In the green season, Dec – Apr, walks may not be possible in which case we’ll do extra game drives).
Accommodation at: Wildlife Meru Tents
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast/ 2 lunch/ 2 dinner), entrance fees to South Luangwa National Park, 2 x game walks, 1 x game drives
Day 9: Lilongwe
We cross into Malawi and make our way to the Capital Lilongwe where we settle into our chalets. In the afternoon we explore the craft markets with their beautiful wooden carvings, woven baskets and traditional wooden chairs.
Accommodation at: Annies Lodge
Includes: Meals (1 breakfas / 1 lunch/ 1 dinner)
Day 10 – 11: Lake Malawi
We make our way to Lake Malawi to our lodge on the lake shores. From here we will discover the lake’s islands on a boat trip and snorkel with the jewelled fish, the Cichlids. The friendly people of Malawi make it the “warm heart of Africa”.
Accommodation at: The Funky Cichlid
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast/ 2 lunch/ 2 dinner), Island boat excursion
Day 12 – 13: Transit Mozambque
We journey south and enter Mozambique. For the next two days we cross this magnificent country passing traditional villages and farm lands as we make our way to the warm waters of the Indian ocean.
Accommodation at: Malumba Hotel (1 night day 12) and Casa Msika (1 night day 13)
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast / 2 lunch / 2 dinner)
Day 14 – 15: Bazaruto Islands
Tropical paradise and golden beaches, we spend the next two nights in Vilankulos, where we take a full day trip on a traditional Arab Dhow to the beautiful island of Magaruque. The guides will prepare a picnic lunch under the palm trees while you snorkel with the colorful tropical fish. This is a definite highlight of the safari.
Accommodation at: Golden Sands
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast / 2 lunch/ 1 dinner), full day Dhow excursion to Bazaruto Islands
Day 16 – 17: Bazaruto Islands
Historically Inhambane was a centre of trade dating back hundreds of years where slaves were traded alongside spices and gold. We explore the town before we head to the beach and our casitas under the palm trees. Seafood, sun and surf, we have the following day to relax on the beach or cross the bay to Maxixe on an Arab Dhow. Scuba diving, snorkeling and deep sea fishing are available (own expense).
Accommodation at: Palm Grove Resort
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast / 2 lunch/ 1 dinner)
Day 18: Bilene
A large lagoon near the costal town of Bilene is our next stop offers clear water and white beaches. We spend the afternoon exploring the lagoon, and swimming in the shallow, calm waters.
Accommodation at: Lugana Camp
Includes: Meals (1 breakfast/1 lunch)
Day 19 – 20: Kruger National Park
Kruger National Park is famous for its variety of wildlife. We cross the rugged wilderness of the Transfrontier Limpopo Park and enter the national park and head to our camp. We spend our time on game drives which offer pristine wildlife and we hope to spot the shy leopard, lion, zebra and elephant over the next two days.
Accommodation at: Kruger Tented Camp
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast/ 2 lunch/ 2 dinner), entrance fees to Kruger National Park, morning and afternoon game drives
Day 21 – 22: Mpumalanga – Johannesburg (Departure)
The Panorama Routes’ wide open vista is the final stop on our magnificent journey. An area of mountains, escarpments, streams and forests. We explore Bourkes Luck Potholes, God’s Window and the Three Sisters. The tour finishes in Johannesburg in the afternoon of day 22, having had the experience of a lifetime. Tour ends @18:00pm
Accommodation at: Graskop Mogodi Lodge (1 night)
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast / 1 lunch/ 1 dinner), Early morning game drive
- Overnight: 21 nights on safari we stay at chalets, tented lodges and guest houses. Of which; 15 nights en suite facilities. 1 night camping (Sunway will provide tents, mats and chairs, but you will need to bring your own sleeping bag). 5 nights in chalets with shared ablution facilities in Cape Maclear, Bilenes and Kruger. The accommodation can be rustic or even basic, these may be the only option.
- Meals: 20 breakfasts, 20 lunches and 17 dinners are included. Of which; 7 breakfasts & 3 dinners are provided by the lodges. The remaining included meals are prepared by the Sunway crew, prepared at the vehicle and enjoyed around the campfire or at the truck.
- Transport: Due to the sometimes demanding road conditions you travel in a Sunway Safari truck with 12 seats. Potholes, speed bumps(!) & rain damaged gravel roads are characteristic of the areas we travel through and can make driving slow and bouncy. However, we pass through road side villages and thus have opportunity to witness the local lifestyle. For the game drives in South Luangwa we use open sided 4WD vehicles with local guides.
- Limited participation: An essential part of your safari is some participation. From carrying your own bag to cleaning your window and packing the truck in the morning – it’s all part of your adventure. For the longer days if everyone puts in a little effort the trip will run smoothly. Where the tour leaders provide meals we ask that clients help (on rotation) with washing up.
Questo perché alcune destinazioni offrono tariffe molto variabili e offerte speciali in alcuni periodi dell’anno. Preferiamo pertanto offrire la tariffa più competitiva disponibile in fase di richiesta informazioni.
Ognuno potrà valutare la soluzione più adatta alle proprie esigenze.
Riepilogo: il tuo viaggio in Africa
- Tipo di pernottamento: Lodge, Guest house, Tented Camp
- Spostamenti: Minivan, Vehicle 4x4
The trip of your dreams
Want to ask for more information on the trip of your dreams in Africa? We can offer different travel packages. Contact us now »