Day 1: Maun
Arrival in Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta. Since Maun’s founding in 1915 as the capital of the Batawana people, it has had a reputation as a hard-living ‘Wild West’ town helping the local cattle ranching and safari operations. The name Maun is derived from the San word ‘maung’, which translates ‘the place of short reeds’.
Accommodation: Crocodile Camp
Includes: Meals (Dinner provided by tour leaders with the help of the group)
Day 2 – 3: Okavango Delta
We drive into the Okavango Delta to the launch station where we board our mokoro’s and pole to our tented camp in the heart of the largest inland delta in the world. This amazing environment has large numbers of red lechwe, buffalo, elephant and birds, particularly kingfishers! One of the best experiences in the Okavango Delta is to be poled along reed-lined channels in a mokoro (dug-out canoe). Sit back and relax as the water gurgles gently under the mokoro while your skilled poler points out the fauna and flora.
Accommodation at: Wilderness tented camping
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast/ 2 lunch/ 2 dinner), entrance fees to the Okavango Delta, morning & afternoon game walks with local guides.
Day 4 – 7: Moremi
We take an open 4WD into Moremi Game Reserve for fantastic game viewing! Chief’s Island is the largest landmass within Moremi and was the Batswana tribe’s richest hunting ground, before being declared a game reserve by the tribe. We spend 4 days on game drives watching the abundant wildlife including elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion & other game, both in Moremi Game Reserve and in private concession reserves surrounding the park. We return to Maun midday on day 7 for an evening restaurant meal (own expense).
Accommodation at: Hyena Pan Bushlodge (3 nights) and Crocodile Camp (Maun)
Includes: Meals (4 breakfast/ 4 lunch/ 3 dinner), entrance fees to Moremi Game Reserve, morning & afternoon game drives in open 4WD vehicle
Day 8: Makgadikgadi Pans
We have time for an optional game flight over the Okavango before we head to Nata (own expense). The shimmering saltpans of Makgadikgadi appear as a glaring white, endless plain. When the rain comes a dramatic change takes place as thousands of wildebeest and zebra migrate to the sweet nutritious grasslands and clouds of flamingo feed in its algae rich waters. It is an area of low rainfall so this spectacle only lasts a short while.
Accommodation at: Nata Lodge or Pelican Lodge
Includes: Meals (breakfast and lunch), entrance fees into Makgadikgadi Pans
Day 9 – 10: Chobe National Park
The Chobe River is a stunning feature of Botswana and will be the focus of our lodge stay. The Chobe River flows lazily along the northern boundary of the Chobe National Park attracting some of the largest herds of elephant in Africa. An Early morning 4WD game drive in the Chobe National Park and an afternoon game viewing “sundowner” cruise to see the mighty elephant herds return to the Chobe River to quench their thirst.
Accommodation at: Thebe River Safaris
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast and 2 lunch) Entrance fees to Chobe National Park, morning game drive (day 10), sunset boat cruise (day 10)
Day 11 – 12: Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe)
We visit “Mosi oa Tunya” or “the smoke that thunders” – Victoria Falls. These magnificent falls are one of the seven natural wonders of the world. The Victoria Falls Bridge was commissioned by Cecil John Rhodes in 1900, and was completed by 1905, although Rhodes never lived to see it. It spans the impressive gorge and the famous adrenalin pumping Victoria Falls bungi jump is done from this bridge, with a terrifying drop of 360ft (111m). Opportunities to white water raft on the mighty Zambezi River, bungi jump, or take a “flight of angels” (own expense).
Accommodation at: Rainbow Hotel
Includes: Meals (2 breakfast), entrance to see the Victoria Falls
Day 13: Victoria Falls – Departure
Tour ends after breakfast at 08:00am.ENQUIRY ABOUT PRICES Other details about this itinerary »
- Overnight: a total of all 12 nights accommodation in lodges, chalets and tented lodges. 10 nights on safari we stay at small and intimate lodges, with en suite facilities. 2 nights tented camp in the Okavango. Each mini meru tent has twin camp beds with linen and an en suite chemical toilet. Shared bucket shower tent with hot water off the fire.
- Meals: 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 5 dinners are included. Of which 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 3 dinners are
provided by the lodges. The remaining included meals are provided by the crew, prepared at the vehicle and
eaten around the camp fire.
- Transport: for the majority of this safari you travel in a custom-built trucks with 12 forward facing seats; or (on 10% of tours) Mercedes Sprinter minibuses with 12 forward facing seats and air conditioning. For the game drives in Moremi and Chobe and the transfer into the Okavango we use open sided 4WD vehicles with local guides.
- Limited participation: An essential part of your safari is some participation. From carrying your own bag to cleaning your window and packing the truck in the morning – it’s all part of your adventure and when everyone puts in a little effort the trip will run smoothly. Where the tour leaders provide meals we ask that clients help (on rotation) with the washing up.
Questo perché alcune destinazioni offrono tariffe molto variabili e offerte speciali in alcuni periodi dell’anno. Preferiamo pertanto offrire la tariffa più competitiva disponibile in fase di richiesta informazioni.
Ognuno potrà valutare la soluzione più adatta alle proprie esigenze.
Riepilogo: il tuo viaggio in Botswana
- Tipo di pernottamento: Hotel, Lodge, Tented Camp
- Spostamenti: Minivan, Vehicle 4x4
Botswana is topographically flat, with up to 70 percent of its territory being the Kalahari Desert but thanks to the Okavango River the country opens diverse areas of wildlife habitat with grasslands, savannah, hundreds or little islets and salt pans in the middle of the dry savannah where the biggest population of elephants live together with hippos, lions, leopards, eagles and pelicans.. More »
The trip of your dreams
Want to ask for more information on the trip of your dreams in Africa? We can offer different travel packages. Contact us now »